On November 5th, Heights Schools Foundation held the 3rd ‘Heights Shark Tank – The Professional Development Edition’ at a district-wide professional development conference day at Heights High. Educators were invited to come to the stage and pitch their innovative ideas for enhancing experiences and increasing opportunities for today’s students. As of today, the program has awarded more than 60 classroom grants to support educators and students throughout the district.
Over 130 educators came out to witness the event and cheer for their fellow colleagues who were awarded over $11,000 in grants on that day! At the elementary and middle schools, funds were awarded for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math just to name a few.
Heights High educators were awarded with funds for:
* 9-12th grade multi-handicapped supplies for functional skill development.
* Library- 2 box bundle to create escape rooms for students 9-12th grade.
* Spanish immersion trip to Peru to offset student/family costs.
* 9-12th grade Business, Entrepreneur, Marketing and Career Tech- DECA career day, marketing dinner and Cavs game
* Chinese New Year celebration for students 9-12th grade.
* Digital Video Production programs and certification 11-12th grade.
You can make a donation to the project today to increase the number of grants we can make next week. Thank you!