Please share with qualified candidates! We’re growing, and we’re looking for a new staff person.
HEIGHTS SCHOOLS FOUNDATION
Heights Schools Foundation is seeking an experienced Development Manager to work in collaboration with the Executive Director to create a plan to ensure that the organization has the resources needed to fulfill its mission. Working with the Cleveland Heights – University Heights public schools, the Heights Schools Foundation’s mission ‘is to engage and connect alumni and community members to celebrate our past, embrace our present and support our future.” The Development Manager will collaborate on creating an annual fundraising plan, including creating and implementing strategies for event underwriting and annual fund in a team environment.
Position Title: Development Manager of the Heights Schools Foundation
Location: CH-UH Board of Education Offices, 2155 Miramar Boulevard, Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44118
Status: Part time employee of the Heights Schools Foundation
Salary/Compensation: $20.00 per hour – average 20-22 hours a week
Terms of Employment: Available Fall, 2019. Flexible schedule. [Exact dates and hours to be negotiated within the context of the school calendar and development calendar. Some evenings and weekends required. Generous paid time off. ]
Essential Duties/Project Tasks
- Lead special event fundraising through:
- Creation of sponsorship packages and materials for events;
- Identification and solicitation of corporate and business sponsorships;
- Identification and contacting other organizations as potential partners; and
- Identification and coordination with lead VIP trustees and volunteers.
- Assist with communications such as writing content for monthly E-news, magazine, social media posts and website updates.
- Collaborate on the Annual Fund including developing messaging, materials, and the strategic utilization of lists.
- Coordinate with the Development & Communications Coordinator on updates to the online donor management database and acknowledgements, especially as related to events (Little Green Light).
- Plan for, support and attend committee and Board of Trustee Meetings as needed.
- Other duties/projects as opportunities arise within the context of the development plan.
- Requires BS/BA [or the equivalent related professional work experience] in addition to a minimum of 3 years of experience in development and/or sales in a professional capacity. Track record of success in developing, building and managing donor relationships and growing stewardship processes, particularly in the business sector.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of ‘Tiger Nation’ – the alumni, community, staff and families that comprise the Cleveland Heights-University Heights public school system.
- Strong knowledge of fundraising strategies and best practices.
- Excellent communication skills, including but not limited to presentation, telephone outreach, face-to-face and strong writing in a variety of forms.
- Basic computer skills including web research and social media skills with MS Office, Facebook, Instagram & Twitter, and Google applications.
- Basic computer design skills and experience with donor management systems preferred.
- Ability to keep sensitive personal and financial information confidential.
Qualifying applications will be considered in the order received until the position is filled.
- Please submit a detailed cover letter and resume as a combined PDF (no paper copies will be considered.)
- Applicants are encouraged to submit one additional PDF sample of previous development work (annual fund piece, grant proposal, promotional materials or other original work product.)
Submit materials with the subject line: “Development Manager” to Julianna Johnston Senturia, Heights Schools Foundation Executive Director, at [email protected].
Heights Schools Foundation is a non-profit supporting organization of the Cleveland Heights- University Heights public school system. Led by a nineteen member Board of Trustees, the Foundation works to provide resources to enhance and enrich the educational experiences of students of the Cleveland Heights – University Heights City School District through partnerships with alumni and the broader community. Please visit www.heightsschoolsfoundation.org for more information about our organization.
Heights Schools Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We seek a broad and diverse pool of candidates and strongly believe that our organization benefits from a range of perspectives and talents.
Love Tiger Nation and all that our multicultural public school district represents? Come as you are and add your voice to this growing organization.